Tutorials and concept guide

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 21:19:46 EST 2012

Peter--

Please use Reply-All and keep the discussion on the list.

When I look at the Tutorial and Concepts guide, section 4.2.3 (http://code.gnucash.org/docs/guide/txns-registers1.html#txns-registers-features2), I see the attached image, which is for a checking account.

I do not know what documentation you are using; perhaps you might re-download the documents from the Gnucash website and check again?

Regarding your confusion about the "Transfer" column, the image does show the Transfer column, but it's labelled "Account" here. What *is* confusing is that the text discusses what you will see in Basic view mode, even though the image for the section shows the Split view. The text is accurate, but misleading because of this; as I noted before, the heading in Basic view IS "Transfer", and this is shown in the figures under 4.2.1.

As for the comments about how the column headings change, this image clearly shows the cursor in a split, and the heading for the split in the image shows "Account." Compare this to the image immediately prior to this one (under section 4.2.2, where the cursor is placed in the Description field. In THAT image, there is NO text at all in the heading above the Transfer accounts. THAT is the "change" being referred to.

David