Errors Importing QIF File

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Jan 18 12:47:29 EST 2012

I get the error "Transaction amount: Unrecognized or inconsistent format."
when I import a QIF file into GC v 2.4.8 on Debian Linux. Is there a way to
find the line number causing the error - there ~700 entries in the file and
after a quick visual search I did not find the error.

I created the QIF file from a csv download from my bank using this awk
script:
( echo '!Type:Bank'; cat statement.csv | awk -F, '{ print "D" $1; print "N"
$2; print "P" $3; print "T" $4; print "^"; }' ) > statement.qif

I used this process with another account and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks,

Mark