Deleting files

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jan 18 15:37:54 EST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, January 18, 2012 3:21 pm, Fleming wrote:
> How do I delete a saved GnuCash file together with all its accounts and
> registers? I have a set of accounts I created for the purpose of
> learning to use GnuCash.  But I now want to delete these accounts and
> the file they are in.

Just delete the file.  The same way you would delete a spreadsheet or word
processor document.

If you're asking "how do you make GnuCash forget that you had ever created
the file so that it doesn't show up in the recent history", for that you
will need to remove it from GConf.  For that I would recommend
gconf-editor.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745