Tax Report Option for Canadians

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 19 20:34:22 EST 2012

On 1/19/2012 10:23 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tiz <tizv at hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> I started to use GNUCASH recently and I am still checking out
>> structure and features.
>> I came to the Tax Report Option and realized that it is tailor made
>> only for American user.
>> I am wondering if you are planning to offer the same option for
>> Canadian users.
>> You are doing a great job. I did use MS Money and the first time I
>> opened GNUCASH I was a bit disappointed, but now I would not go back:
>> GNUCASH is my favorite.
>
> It would require a Canadian user to spend the time to work on the
> necessary tax report plugin and then donate it to the project.
>
>> Cheers
>> Tiz

> -derek

Hi,

I am trying to create a U.S. tax report and I am wondering how complete
the table is for 2011 tax year?  It seems like I have to declare some
accounts as simply 'Tax Related' because I cannot find the correct
reference.  One example is items related to various qualified savings
plans and distributions, such as 401-K's and IRA's.

Is it possible to add items?

David