Tax Report Option for Canadians

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:32:12 EST 2012

Tiz,

You are right. The Tax Reporting Options in gnucash are designed
specifically for US Income Tax Reporting purposes.

> I am wondering if you are planning to offer the same option for Canadian users.

There have been some German programmers who have worked on providing
Tax Reporting capabilities for German users, but I don't believe this
is in full production status (not sure exactly what the status of this
is).

To support Canadian tax reporting would require a Canadian programmer
familiar with Canadian taxes and related reporting requirements to
step up and volunteer to implement (non-trivial) and maintain this. I
maintain the US Tax Reporting capabilities but don't have a clue how
Canadian tax reporting works.

> You are doing a great job. I did use MS Money and the first time I opened GNUCASH I was a bit disappointed, but now I would not go back: GNUCASH is my favorite.
>
> Cheers
> Tiz

Regards,

Alex