Errors Importing QIF File

lstandish lloyd at crnatural.net
Fri Jan 20 09:29:02 EST 2012

Hi Mark,

I'm glad you worked out the problem converting CSV to QIF with your script.

For those who happen to be converting PayPal CSV files to QIF for import
(the PayPal-generated QIF lacks transactions), I have written a free online
CSV-to-QIF converter.  It checks for common PayPal transactions and adjusts
the QIF to play well with gnucash's QIF importer.

This should work for non-PayPal CSV files too, as long as the CSV file has
the following column headers identified in the first line of the CSV file:
Date, Net, Type, Gross, Fee, Name, Status

There is an open source perl script that can be downloaded, for those who
prefer not to use the online converter.

For more information on the CSV to QIF converter, see
http://www.standish.home3.org/PayPalcsv2qif