QIF import not working?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 25 09:23:01 EST 2012

Liz <edodd at billiau.net> writes:

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:45:43 +0200
> Richard <judgesinel at netscape.net> wrote:
>
>> Wow, is that it?
>>
>> Perhaps the QIF is broken or has no transactional data in it?
>>
>> Gee Derek, I hope your not the expert on Gnucash.
>
> Maybe not the expert, but he certainly has written a lot of it.

Moreover, Richard, it's not like you gave any information that would
help!  It's not like I can gaze into my crystal ball and see your QIF
file, or error messages, or gnucash.trace file, or anything else that
would help debug the problem.

SO... Using my experience I pointed you to what the problem is the vast
majority of the time:  a QIF file that doesn't contain the data that you
think it does.

I'm sorry if you considered my answer terse.