Too Many copies of the same File

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:10:56 EST 2012

On 26 January 2012 17:41, Nick Manes <njmanes at gmail.com> wrote:
> David, thanks for the tips, I have multiple Accounts that I keep and I
> updated them
>  sometimes 2-3 times a day , so you can see how it could get confusing for me.

I cope with this by creating multiple shortcuts on my desktop, one for
each set of accounts, then I just have to click the appropriate
shortcut to open the appropriate accounts.  In each shortcut just
specify the command gnucash followed by the path to the accounts file
for that account (in quotes if the filename includes spaces, so for
example
gnucash "My Documents\home_accounts\home_accounts.gnucash"

Colin