gnucash 2.4.9 crashes on Windows 7

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 27 01:25:26 EST 2012

On Jan 26, 2012, at 1:03 PM, Bostjan Vilfan wrote:

> Hello,
> Thanks for your message. I think I tried uninstalling old version + deleting corresponding directories + reinstalling new version, and it did not work.  Today I repeated the exercise, and the result is the same.
>
> I notice on the gnucash home page that there is a problem with version 2.4.9 and it is in the process of being fixed. I hope that my problem will disappear as well. For the moment I'm going to continue using the program as administrator.

We'll have 2.4.10 out tomorrow, but the problem it addresses is cut and paste, not crashing.

Can you revert to the previous version and successfully run Gnucash? If so, make sure that all of the pages except the chart of accounts are closed (so that you have only one tab), then try upgrading again. If that doesn't work, try renaming the .gnucash and .gconf folders in your home directory, then starting gnucash.

Last, I'm a bit concerned about the provenance of your 2.4.9 download, because a release version shouldn't be displaying the development warning. Did you download it from the link on www.gnucash.org (which points to our files area at gnucash.sourceforge.net)?

Regards,
John Ralls