Loan : how to use the "future value" in a scheduled transaction ?

Yann Le Mouel yann.lemouel at free.fr
Sun Jan 29 17:19:19 EST 2012

Well finally I found that the issue was not with the "future value" but with
the "i". If I replace the "i" by a number (let's say "15" if it's the 15th
payment), the ipmt & ppmt values are correctly calculated by GnuCash. Which
is a workaround that I can use until the error is found (I'll update
manually the "i" number each time the scheduled transaction is run).

I do not know how the "i" is handled in the source code, but for this
example, the gnc:ppmt & gnc:ipmt SCM functions are always called with i=0...

Would you like me to open a bug on this?

Yann