Loan : how to use the "future value" in a scheduled transaction ?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 28 13:11:23 EST 2012

For a loan, the future value should always be 0 (you pay it off at some point in the future, and when the loan is paid off, its value is zero). It looks to me like the -46666.01 means you have a corrupted transaction definition. I'd recommend deleting the sx and redefining it.

There are some financial pathways where you might not want the future value to be zero, but I'm not sure I'd expect gnucash to handle those cases smoothly.
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net