Considering GNUCash

Flynn, Oweson O Oweson.Flynn at standardbank.co.za
Mon Jan 30 09:28:30 EST 2012

Hi Jerry,

I have been doing exactly that very successfully for a number of years.
I run a small consulting company, and capture all my personal and business transactions.  At the end of each month, I get paper copies of the bank statements, and reconcile them in GnuCash.

I used Quicken for a number of years, but eventually decided  to move to GnuCash. I exported the data in QIF format, and loaded it straight into GnuCash  - it took me a couple of attempts to get it the way I wanted, but it really was not difficult!

Come the end of the year, I print reports (in HTML format) that I give to my accountant for preparing the tax returns for myself and my company.

I imagine you are in the USA, so the reports are probably better suited to you than me, but even with the complication of having both business and personal transactions, GnuCash works very well.

There are a number of business features available, as well as portfolio tracking, but I don't use (or need) them, and I am very happy with it!

Regards
Oweson Flynn
Global Enablement Functions
www.StandardBank.co.za
Address Blue 5, 4th Floor, Standard Bank Centre, 5 Simmonds Street, Johannesburg
Office  011 631-6340
Mobile  082 600-7-006
Fax     011 636-7045
Email	Oweson.Flynn at StandardBank.co.za