Reconcile Credit Card Account-Transaction After Statement Closing

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Fri Jul 6 16:14:50 EDT 2012

Two knowledgeable people have suggested you had the wrong ending balance,
which sounds plausible, however, I have another theory.  When it asked you
to select an interest account, did you choose the credit card account?  You
should have chosen an expense account for the interest charge to apply to.
I am guessing this based on your comment about a negative and positive
amount for the interest in the same account.  If I am correct, you can fix
this by changing the negative amount's linked account to the expense account
(the positive is the same transaction and will move to that account when you
do this).  In that case, it is lucky that the numbers came back to 0 so you
could reconcile.  Note that if you did correct the balance, that implies to
me that the date was wrong on the screen where you set said balance, because
in my experience, if everything else is right, the ending balance will be
right when you set the date of the statement (barring any transactions
before the statement date that aren't included on it).
	Dustin