formulas and joint accounts

Cala calamity.paname at hotmail.fr
Fri Jul 6 18:44:09 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have an account A1 which correspond to a joint account with my partner.
I have a account A2 which correspond to the money in the joint account which
belongs to my partner (half of the value in A1).
Both A1 and A2, are first level sub-account of an account A which correspond
to my part of money  in the joint account.
I never put any operation in account A, but it's value is automatically
computed with the values of the two sub-accounts.

I often have splitted operations.

If I buy $10 at the grocery shop with the credit card of the joint account
I will have an operation like this:

groceries  +5$ my_grocery_account
groceries  +5$ A2
groceries  -10$ A1

By completion, I can re-enter groceries and I get a copy of this operation,
but then I have to modify all the amounts and always write myself the split

I would like to have something like that:

groceries  -var1/2         my_grocery_account
groceries  -var1/2         A2
groceries  -10$(=var1)  A1

so that when I open the account A1, I just type groceries and completion,
and then it creates this operation and I just have to change the value -10$
into what I've spend this time and the other values will adjust to half of
it.

Do you know if there is a way to do that ?
Do people have other solutions to deal with joint accounts ?

Thank you,