Newbie user with query about reconciliation

Richard Thomas richdthomas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:12:32 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm new to Gnucash and have been looking at the reconciliation function of
it.

Please could someone let me know if the reconciliation process can work by
reading in the data from my bank statement.

This makes a lot of sense to me, as the transactions in the Gnucash system
are stored electronically and the transactions in the bank system are also
stored electronically, so to reconcile electronically would be what I am
looking for,

Thanks in advance,

Richard.