Newbie user with query about reconciliation

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Sun Jul 8 15:57:31 EDT 2012

I do it all the time. I go to my bank website, click the Download
Activity button, select "Quicken Web", download an .ofx file, then use
FILE -> IMPORT to  import it.  Usually, the importer can match existing
transactions.

Reconciliation is still a bit manual, but that's mainly due to some
dyslexia on my part; I don't always enter transactions correctly.  If
I've been good, it's just a matter of checking off items in left column
and right column and coming up with a 0.00 difference between my ending
balance and the banks.