FinanceQuote Update.app

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Sat Jul 14 09:37:24 EDT 2012

On Jul 13, 2012, at 18:25, RON POWELL wrote:

> I am running OSX 10.7.4 on my iMac with Xcode 4.3.3 and have downloaded and installed GnuCash successfully and it is configured and running very well.
>
> However I have had no success in loading  FinanceQuote Update. I have attached a copy of the Terminal window to explain. Basically the window seems to be frozen and will not allow me to type anything after "password". I advise that I do not have a password to log in. I have alternatively created a password and tried again, without success.

Your message did not have any attachment; you might want to try again to send it to the mailing list.

That said, I might have an answer for your problem, but this is just my speculation on the most likely cause without very much information.

Generally, when a password prompt appears in a terminal, typing gives *no* feedback -- no asterisks or bullets as you might see elsewhere. You are expected to type your password entirely blindly, and then press Return.

If you are doing that, and nothing happens *after* you press Return, then there is some other problem.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>