differentiate transactions in 'projects'

tereque tereque at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 02:10:10 EDT 2012

hi,

here is another one....

all of my transactions should be linked to a project they are related
to. Meaning we have a production for customer XYZ and the project has a
number (let's say 8170). In the end I would like to have an overview of
which payments had been moved for this project (incoming payments by
customer, expenses, etc).

I wonder how I can do this best. I do not really want to set up a tree
of accounts for each project as I still want to keep my general
structure of expense accounts('Express costs', 'manufacturing' for
example). Also I would not know how I could gather 'Income' and 'Expense'

How would I do that best? first thing that comes to mind is using the
'number' column in each account. Then I could make a search of this and
have a report of all related transactions. But Maybe there is a better
way to do this? A 'Job' seems only to gather several Invoices but can
not applied to any transaction right?
Alo I have not found a way to find all transaction matching a 'number'
as it seems not workable to include all account in one search operation.