set up for dealing with employees expenses

tereque tereque at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 01:08:19 EDT 2012

On 13/07/2012 18:37, Maf. King wrote:

> I handle this in a slightly different way, but the underlying process is
> mostly the same.
>
> I have a liability account calles EmployeeExpenses, with a child acount for
> each employee (type liability).
>
> My employees usually have several (10->30) such transactions per month, which
> are submitted as a claim each month and reimbursed as a total.  I think that
> when I started with GC, there was no Business section.  I have never bothered
> to move to the Employee Voucher system, as the "old" way works fine for me,
> and the extra reporting options aren't really relevant as aging etc haven't
> really ever cropped up.
>
> Employee submits expense reciept.  Transfer from
> Liab:EmployeeExpenses:Alice to Expenses:Widgets
>
> then at reimbusment time, Assets:Bank -> Laib:...:Alice
>
> Hope that helps.
> Maf.

hi Maf,

thanks for the manual... I think I will stick with this for the time
being as it is more understandable for me as the Voucher solution. Also
all transactions can just appear as they are in the expenses account I
want them to appear. The employees liability account is just a step in
between.

maybe further down the road I will take a look at Vouchers once again