Customising reports

Earle McKinney earle at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 15 21:35:22 EDT 2012

Hi

I have been using GnuCash for a few months and generally it works well.

I have been trying to resolve an issue that I have for some time now but
without success.

In NZ we have GST (Goods and Services Tax) similar to UK VAT.

What I need (would like to be able to achieve) is to generate an account
summary for specific time periods, in my case for two monthly GST returns
for the Government.

I note that for some of the reports I am able to select start and end dates,
just not in the reports that would give me a summary of the information for
the period I want.

I may need to start learning the two programming languages to create a new
report.

Thanks for your help
Earle