Customising reports

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jul 16 04:22:04 EDT 2012

On Sun 15 July 12 18:35:22 Earle McKinney wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been using GnuCash for a few months and generally it works well.
>
> I have been trying to resolve an issue that I have for some time now but
> without success.
>
> In NZ we have GST (Goods and Services Tax) similar to UK VAT.
>
> What I need (would like to be able to achieve) is to generate an account
> summary for specific time periods, in my case for two monthly GST returns
> for the Government.
>
> I note that for some of the reports I am able to select start and end dates,
> just not in the reports that would give me a summary of the information for
> the period I want.
>
> I may need to start learning the two programming languages to create a new
> report.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Earle

Hi Earle,

I use the transaction report for my quarterly VAT returns here in the UK.
Granted, it isn't a summary, but I don't mind the extra detail, it often helps
when something doesn't quite add up right!

Have you looked at the profit & Loss report?  (under Reports -> Income &
expenses) it might do what you want?

HTH,
Maf.