[newbie] Select lines in SLK file and set to category?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Wed Jul 18 11:20:17 EDT 2012

Hi Derek

Derek Atkins wrote
> I've never heard of the SLK bank format.  Is it something you can
> translate to QIF or OFX?

Sorry about that. It's actually SYLK, the improved CSV format from
Microsoft, but my bank uses the .SLK extension to be safe:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SYmbolic_LinK_(SYLK)

Derek Atkins wrote
> The importers will allow you to assign each transaction to a particular
> income/expense account.

I'll try to find a simple tutorial to get started with no background in
personal money management and experiment.

Thank you.