importing data

tereque tereque at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 03:54:35 EDT 2012

hi,

There are several people who need to contribute data to our companies
accounting but not anybody should be able to see the entire financial
situation.

So i need people to work with external data sources that I would like to
import into gnucash (the 'master' accounts so to say).

most logical would seem to me to import another gnucash file but I only
can find a 'replay gnucash logfile'option on the import section. I tried
this but nothing seems to happen. Did I do it wrong (>file >import
 >replay gnucash file >choose)or is there any way to import a gnucash
account into another?

importing csv (being produced in Excel in our case) is a workable way of
course but I wonder whether it may be possible to import data from two
different fields of the Excle CSV into the 'desription' of gnucash. It
seems that it is opnly allowed to map one field only to the
'description', It is not essential but would make life easier somehow.

many thanks
Bela