Can I add a Tag for each transaction?

Chan.pat93 Chan.pat93 at yahoo.com.hk
Thu Jul 26 12:39:32 EDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

Although the Num field is not meant to be used for this purpose, you make a
very good suggest which may solve part of my problem.

I am using credit card to pay the expense (phone bill, insurance…etc) of
each family member. Therefore, if a Tag is assigned to each family member
and added to each transaction. At the end of each year, by using the sorting
function (Moneydance can sort Tag and do analysis based on the Tagged
transaction) I can have a better understand on the amount of expenses by
each family member. Since the Num field in Gnucash is for the entry of
number instead of text, sorting function or other filtering function cannot
be applied to the Num field in Gnucash

Look forward to hear the view of other Gnucash’s user on how to solve this.