problems with changing locale

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 16:39:28 EDT 2012

Hi Henrik,

Am 29.07.2012 21:43, schrieb knowhy:
> There seems to be wrong advice in the german gnucash wiki
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/De/Konfiguration

For english readers: the section should correlate to
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Locale_Settings

> The wiki proposes to change the LANG environment variable. The correct
> variable ist LC_MESSAGES
>
> so running
>
> LC_MESSAGES=de_DE gnucash
>
> solved my problem.

Please have a look at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Locale-Environment-Variables.html
:
"LANG is the normal environment variable for specifying a locale. As a
user, you normally set this variable (unless some of the other variables
have already been set by the system, in /etc/profile or similar
initialization files)."

and check the locale settings of your system. I have the impression
something got borked there.

> Best regards,
> Henrik
>
> PS: I will correct the wiki page as soon as possible

Regards
Frank