gnucash-user Digest, Vol 112, Issue 29

Marty, Zoho applemcg at zoho.com
Sun Jul 29 15:21:18 EDT 2012

Derek,

   thanks for the reply.  yes, to be more specific.

   as a starting user, i've imported 3 months worth of data from 5 accounts at a bank and credit union.

   rather than manually assign each transaction to an expense account, after assigning one or two, i'd like to have each similar transaction assigned to the same expense account.

  i did notice this week that manually entering a transaction in a cash account description field is "water st deli"  did inherit a previous transfer of "expenses:food".

  how do i make this happen for the hundreds of imported transaction whose  Notes field is, say "shoprite garwood" to similarly inherit a transfer of "expenses:grocery" over the imported default of "imbalance-USD"?  i.e. where is the button to push that says "do you want to make all the other xxx transactions into yyy transfers?"

Thanks,

  -=*++ Marty

   p.s.  love the IHTFP domain.