OFX file example

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 30 18:00:38 EDT 2012

Hi,

Richard Thomas <richdthomas at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> Would anybody be able to point me in the direction of a really simple OFX
> file example please.
>
> Below is an example of a QIF file, to show the type of transaction I want
> to import as OFX:
>
> !Type:Bank
> D19/07/2012
> NTST PRICHARD ENTERPRISES
> Cc
> T-12.34
> ^

There is no such thing as a "really simple OFX file".  OFX is a fairly
complicated SGML protocol.  Why do you want to convert a nice, simple
QIF transaction to the complicated OFX format?  The only benefits of
OFX, IMHO, are the ability to do automated duplicate-import detection
(using the account-unique OFX FITID) and the Bayesian account mapping.
OTOH QIF lets you do mass assignment of transactions with the same Payee
or Memo.