Cash Based Reports

Newto Gnucash newtognucash at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:20:38 EDT 2012

I have just moved from MYOB to GnuCash.  My company reports GST on a
cash basis, rather than accrual basis.  I understand that GnuCash
works on an accrual basis, but in my trawling through mailing list
archives, etc. I have noticed comments on the need for a report that
will show income and expenditure for a period on a cash basis rather
than accrual.  Has there been any progress made on this?  Or has
anyone made one for themself that they are happy to share?  What I'm
after is preferably something similar to the MYOB GST-Detail-Cash
report.  That would group the period's income and expenditure
according to tax codes (i.e. tax tables),  It would show the total
amount spent/received on each transaction it was reporting, and
separately show how much GST (if any) had been collected or paid on
the transaction.

If anyone could help with this I would be very grateful.

GnuCash Australian User