Cash Based Reports

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jul 30 19:47:52 EDT 2012

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:20:38 +1000
Newto Gnucash <newtognucash at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just moved from MYOB to GnuCash.  My company reports GST on a
> cash basis, rather than accrual basis.  I understand that GnuCash
> works on an accrual basis, but in my trawling through mailing list
> archives, etc. I have noticed comments on the need for a report that
> will show income and expenditure for a period on a cash basis rather
> than accrual.  Has there been any progress made on this?  Or has
> anyone made one for themself that they are happy to share?  What I'm
> after is preferably something similar to the MYOB GST-Detail-Cash
> report.  That would group the period's income and expenditure
> according to tax codes (i.e. tax tables),  It would show the total
> amount spent/received on each transaction it was reporting, and
> separately show how much GST (if any) had been collected or paid on
> the transaction.
>
> If anyone could help with this I would be very grateful.
>
> GnuCash Australian User

I total my GST collected, spent and spent-vehicle in three accounts as
subaccounts of GST.
I don't fill in those lines on the BAS form which request the totals
and then ask you to calculate on the form, and after years of
providing the totals only I haven't received any complaint. When I used
the electronic thing I used to multiply the amounts by 11 to fill in
the form, but on the paper form one can omit some lines
I'm also on cash accounting, but there is not much difference for me
using accrual figures for GST each quarter.