Cash Based Reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 31 14:14:28 EDT 2012

Hi,

Newto Gnucash <newtognucash at gmail.com> writes:

> I have just moved from MYOB to GnuCash.  My company reports GST on a
> cash basis, rather than accrual basis.  I understand that GnuCash
> works on an accrual basis, but in my trawling through mailing list
> archives, etc. I have noticed comments on the need for a report that
> will show income and expenditure for a period on a cash basis rather
> than accrual.  Has there been any progress made on this?  Or has

The business features (Invoicing, etc) work on an accrual basis.  But
nothing says you have to use them.  If you don't then you can be
completely cash.  If, however, you DO use the invoice features, then
yes, you'll need to manually map outstanding invoices to convert from
Accrual to Cash, and no, GnuCash does not yet have that functionality.