API on Windows

Ewan Slater ewan.slater at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:27:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am running GnuCash 2.4.10 on Windows 7 (standard executable download).

I am interested in using the API (or at least trying to).

Do I have to build GnuCash from source to be able to access the API, or are
the libraries available pre - compiled for Windows (ideally shipped with
the binaries)?

Looking here http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/C_API seems to imply I need to
build from source.

I don't want to make any mods to GnuCash itself at this point, I'd just
like to be able to call the API from a Windows program written in C++
(currently using MS Visual Studio Express 2008 / Visual C++).  So if I can
avoid building the whole thing from scratch I would prefer not to.

Cheers,

Ewan