Importing both sides of a transaction

Ewan Slater ewan.slater at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:17:48 EDT 2012

Hi Derek,

Thanks.

Adding the line LExpenses:Car:Petrol adds the other side of the split.

A little further digging around the QIF specification would suggest that I
should be able to use something like:
SLiabilities:Mastercard
EAccount to be charged
$-50
SExpenses:Car:Petrol
EAccount to be paid
$50

But a freaky thing happens - the account that gets charged (and indeed
created) is Equities:Retained Earnings

Bizarre.

In any case the L code gets me a long way towards where I want to be.

Thanks again,

Ewan