Accounts receivable

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jun 1 13:35:30 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, June 1, 2012 1:29 pm, Dean Gibson wrote:
> Perhaps this has been covered before, but:
>
> In an "accounts receivable"-type account transaction, the "type" field
> has a "?" by default.  Clicking on that field alternates the value
> between "I" (which I presume means "invoice") and "P" (which I assume
> means "payment").  Unfortunately, if you accidentally set it to "I", it
> seems like you can never change it:  If I'm wrong, let me know.

Rule #1 of the business features: Thou shalt not use the Business Accounts
(A/R and A/P) for manual entry.

> As a result (to not have incorrect information displayed), I have set my
> "accounts receivable"-type account to be of just type "liability" (that
> also makes the transactions show as one-line entries in the register).
> If that's not a good idea, let me know.

Yes, if you're not using the business features then you should not use the
business accounts.  Just use an Asset (for A/R) and Liability (for A/P)
for your manual entry needs.

> -- Dean

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745