Accounts receivable

Dean Gibson gnucash at ultimeth.com
Fri Jun 1 13:51:38 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-01 10:35, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,

> Rule #1 of the business features: Thou shalt not use the Business Accounts
> (A/R and A/P) for manual entry.

> -derek

Rule #2 should be:  Allow for corrections when importing a large number
of transactions from QuickBooks (as I did). (grin)

Rule #3 should be:  When I reconcile a credit card account and have
GnuCash generate an A/R transaction, it should not place a "?" in the
type field if it knows it's an invoice. (another grin)

Related question:  So, using the A/R feature, when I make a payment and
the transaction is entered via the online banking feature, how do I make
an entry to the A/R register?  I'm just having the payment transaction
post directly to the A/R register.

-- Dean

ps:  Thanks for the reply.  However, QuickBooks did allow for
corrections to A/R invoices.  People always make mistakes, and locking
the transaction for corrections seems to me to be counter-intuitive.  If
I can't edit the A/R transaction directly, there should be SOME way to
fix errors.