Weird behaviour in Invoicing process.

Andrew Greig pushin.linux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 06:15:57 EDT 2012

Hi All,

In the past I have just added the Invoice number manually when creating
a new invoice, and then when I go to Print>Print to pdf the list of
invoices is complete when I run Customer>FindInvoice.  In the options I
set the Invoice up the same way every time, and to move to the next
invoice I just highlight the (now) former posted Invoicenumber , and
overtype the new (posted) Invoice number, has worked well for a long
time, but it makes creating and printing invoices a long process.

Last night I chose to use "Duplicate" as I moved down the list of
ledger. Wow! I flew through those 20 invoices in no time flat.  The
number sequence was flawless and I was feeling great.  Next job is to
print to pdf - easy, right?  Not at all, in fact the invoices created in
the "Duplicate process do not appear in the list of invoices at all, and
my former practice of entering the next invoice number in the options
settings, did not work at all.  I had to choose "Select" the invoice
number from the options field, then enter the number in the
"FindInvoice" field then highlight and "select" the invoice and hit OK
to get it to produce the next numbered invoice in succession.  At the
end of my "Duplicated" invoices there are three that I did not
duplicate, but I created them and specified the numbers in their
position in the number sequence.  When Print>Print to pdf I was able to
follow my original process and it all worked fine. Inv 10945-Inv10963
inclusive are still missing from the list of numbers found when "Find
Invoice" is invoked.  But the two next invoices are there, defining the
Gap.  Even though all were posted and the file was saved, it looks like
the settlement process will be a bit tedious as well. Bring up the
accounts receivable ageing report and open the invoice and settle at
Invoice level.

Has anyone else had this trouble with "Duplicates"?

Andrew Greig
Melbourne Australia