Importing a gnucash file to another computer

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 8 10:05:20 EDT 2012

Hi,

Normand Fisher <fishern at ncf.ca> writes:

> Hi, thanks for the quick replies...
> What I mean is that on the original machine I could get the trial balance by simply clicking on Reports / Income & Expenses / Trial Balance.  Now, with the "name.gnucash" file I can open it on the other machine and I see all accounts correctly displayed but when I try the Reports / Income & Expenses / Trial Balance, all I get is a blank page.  If I do the same thing with a different company (file)that was produced on this new computer, it works.
>
> I guess that my question is How can I transfer a file from one computer to another?

If you can see your accounts and balances correctly then you
successfully transfered your data file.  Your data file is just like a
Word file; you just copy it across and "File -> Open" it on the other
system.

> Also, is the fact that both computers are different (Window$ on one and Ubuntu on the other) a factor.

Shouldn't be a factor at all.