Tax Report Options only for US declarations?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jun 9 15:54:11 EDT 2012

On Jun 9, 2012, at 5:42 PM, casi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks John for the quick answer.
> (the rest goes out not only to John)
>
> This is something that needs to be done on the c-programming side, not
> scheme, correct?
>
> As I am just digging into scheme code, I was wondering if it would be
> useful to "invent" such coding in scheme.
> If choosing a very generic approach, this coding could be adapted
> basically per user in some  configuration text file which is then used
> by the scheme report.
>
> Does that appear to be useful, or should that stay centralized in the
> c-code?

Carsten,

No point in limiting it to me. All of the core devs monitor this list along with a lot of very experienced users.

Anyway, it *looks* like the basic framework is written in C as usual, but that country specializations are written in Scheme. This isn't a section of code that I'm familiar with, so that's based on a cursory look. If you're really interested you should dig into the code yourself.

Regards,
John Ralls