New to Gnucash

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Mar 1 11:33:19 EST 2012

Op donderdag 1 maart 2012 10:04:11 schreef Derek Atkins:
> Hi,
>
> LindenSys at aol.com writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have set up Gnucash and it seems to be working great. However, during
> > my learning session I set up a couple of extra main accounts which I do
> > not want in  the file menu. I have not been able to delete or remove
> > these excess, main  accounts. How do I do that?
>
> Um, what fails when you just select the account and click on the Delete
> Account icon?

I guess Harry is referring to the Most Recently Used file list, and actually
means he created a couple of extra books while experimenting.

These references in the menu are harmless. GnuCash keeps track of the last 10
data files it opened.

If you really don't want them, you will first have to remove the data files
themselves (using whatever filemanager your system provides, like Windows
explorer, OS X' Finder, KDE Dolphin, Gnome File manager,...).
If you then afterwards click on the links in the GnuCash menu, GnuCash won't
find the original file anymore and delete the link as well.

Geert