New to Gnucash

LindenSys at aol.com LindenSys at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 12:25:27 EST 2012

The answer from Geert is what I was expecting. My problem will be there are
 4 accounts with the exact same name. I am surprised it saved in that
fashion. I  first ran into the problem when I, just curiously hit the "new
window" command  and lost everything. I had to reopen the file from one of the
backup files.

Thanks for your help.
Harry

In a message dated 3/1/2012 8:33:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
janssens-geert at telenet.be writes:

Op  donderdag 1 maart 2012 10:04:11 schreef Derek Atkins:
> Hi,
>
> LindenSys at aol.com writes:
> > Hello,
> >
>  > I have set up Gnucash and it seems to be working great. However,
during
> > my learning session I set up a couple of extra main  accounts which I do
> > not want in  the file menu. I have not  been able to delete or remove
> > these excess, main  accounts.  How do I do that?
>
> Um, what fails when you just select the  account and click on the Delete
> Account icon?

I guess  Harry is referring to the Most  Recently Used file list, and
actually
means he created a couple of  extra books while experimenting.

These references in the menu are  harmless. GnuCash keeps track of the last
10
data files it  opened.

If you really don't want them, you will first have to remove  the data
files
themselves (using whatever filemanager your system  provides, like Windows
explorer, OS X' Finder, KDE Dolphin, Gnome File  manager,...).
If you then afterwards click on the links in the GnuCash  menu, GnuCash
won't
find the original file anymore and delete the link as  well.

Geert