CSV Import questions

dmilton donald.milton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:19:46 EST 2012

I'm moving from Quicken to GnuCash. I've not been able to directly connect to
my bank. So, I'm importing CSV files that I download in 30 day increments
and have a few questions:
1. Is there a way to set the default date format for the import?
2. Is there a way to get it to show the Num column -- to make matching to
checks easier?
3. Is there a way to edit the Description before it imports -- rather than
having to do it in the register after?

I'm running GnuCash 2.4.10 on OS X 10.6.8.

A couple of bugs I'm experiencing.
a) Windows don't close properly -- e.g. the About GnuCash window I just
opened to check the version number will not respond to the X-Close button or
the red button. I can move it around but it won't go away.
b) The ability to find a subaccount by typing in a few letters then a colon
only seems to work for the first level of subaccounts. The second level must
be found in the GUI -- but at least this gets the GUI into the right region
of the list. (I have too many expense categories inherited from Quicken --
need to deal with that as I get more comfortable with how to delete accounts
and get the transactions to go where I want them.)