Removal of a Last Reconcile Date

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 6 11:53:47 EST 2012

Hi,

Po Mario <mr.pomario at gmail.com> writes:

> In the main screen of GnuCash (the Accounts tab) I use the column "Last
> Reconcile Date" to keep track of the last time I checked the correctness of
> all my Assets. Recently I did something by mistake, which was reconciling
> an Expenses Account. Now, there is a date in the "Last Reconcile Date"
> column being shown. I personally do not reconcile Expenses and that date
> confuses me when I visually scan the Accounts tab. I want
> the reconcile date removed for a given account. Question: how do I remove
> the date under the Last Reconcile Date column for a given account?
> Many thanks,
> Mario Po

I'm afraid there is no way to remove that in the UI.

The only way you could remove it would be hand-editing your data file to
remove the reconcile information.  Of course, in general we recommend
you not modify your data by hand (and we do not support it).  If you do
decide to make the change, please make sure you have a backup in case
you do something wrong.

Good Luck,