File storage question...should be easy fix

Purper sara_veldhoen at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:29:44 EST 2012

Purper wrote

> I see all the folders named in the first post of this topic, being:
> .gconf
> .gconfd
> .gnome2
> .gnome2_private
> .gnucash
> I have not yet had time to reinstall, I'm planning to do that tomorrow
> morning.

I have uninstalled Gnucash, deleted all related files I could find and
installed it again. Before starting the program, I have changed the
environment file to match the proposed solution.
But it still won't work: the directories named are created again when I
startup Gnucash. I guess I'll just set these directories to 'hidden' and
live with it, or do you have any other suggestions?