Fwd: GnuCash Problem

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Mar 9 08:04:09 EST 2012

Op vrijdag 9 maart 2012 13:26:27 schreef Geert Janssens:
> Hi,
>
> I am forwarding your email to the GnuCash users mailing list, which is a
> public discussion forum where everyone can benefit from sharing questions
> and answers. To participate in the mailing list, click the ‘Reply All’
> button in your email program whenever you get an email from someone in the
> list.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert
> I am using the latest version of Gnucash as I downloaded it about a
>   week ago.  I am running Windows 7.  I tried to open my only file and
>   get the message "There was an error parsing the file
>   [1]file://C:\users\larry\c chadwick.gnucash
>   I have been unable to find out what happened and what to do.  Can you
>   help.
>   Larry Bailey
>   [2]larrybailey at roadrunner.com
>   1-207-372-8075

Hi Larry,

Did you set opening balances while creating accounts ? It happens on Windows
that this makes your file unreadable afterwards.

You can find some more information and a (manual) way to fix it here:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_When_I_try_to_open_my_datafile_on_Windows.2C_I_get_.22Parse_error.22._What_happened_.3F

If you haven't entered much data yet (and the above is really the cause), you
may consider restarting from scratch as well.

Geert