Plans for deleting invoices, bills, customers and vendors in a future release & requesting enhancements

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 9 12:31:42 EST 2012

Hi,

David Gillam <dave at davegillam.org> writes:

> Deleting invoices, etc, will likely result in skipped invoice numbers, which will increase your chances of being audited, as I understand it.

Moreover, there is a lot of logic that would be required to make sure
that when you delete an invoice it also deleted other stuff that can be,
but the heuristics to determine what is "safe" to delete are hard, so it
was punted.

> Reuse those mistaken invoices for different customers.

This is definitely the first suggestion.

> The inactive flag is, I believe, to indicate a customer who has not bought anything in a long time.

Well, the inactive flag exists to hide objects from the default
searches.  You can use it for customers, vendors, or even invoices!  :)
This is suggested in lieu of deleting an object.

> Cheers,
>
> David

-derek