Problem with Find and Account

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 16:36:31 EDT 2012

Don,

This response doesn't address your question about how to use Find to
get the answer, but have you considered using the Tax Schedule Report
as a way of getting your tax information? Once you go through the
one-time process of setting up your accounts through Edit->Tax Report
Options, the Tax Schedule Report will have your answer and help you
with most of your other US Income Tax information needs. The Help
Manual has a section for Setting Tax Report Options under customizing
GnuCash.

> What I have been trying is:
>
> 1. I do a Ctrl-F to open the find window.
>
> 2. I set the left button to Account.
>
> 3. I leave the next button showing "matches any account".
>
> 4. I press the Choose Accounts and from the popup window I expand Medical and choose Doctor.
>
> 5. In the Type of search frame I select New Search.
>
> 6. I press the Find button at the bottom of the window.
>
> The search results are blank, i.e., no results.
>
> I am quite sure I was able to do this in previous years. I also tried putting two accounts Doctor and my Checking Account with no results found.
>
> If I put in my checking account it is all listed.  If I then try to refine it with my Doctor account, I get no results.
>
> I feel that I must be doing something wrong or misreading the Help.  I would really appreciate a clue to my ignorance.
>
> I am running version 2.4.7 on Linux Mint 12.  I have used GNucash for years and have been very happy with it.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Don
>

> --
> Don Rozenberg