processing invoices and bills

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Mar 14 08:25:21 EDT 2012

On Wed 14 March 12 12:09:05 Ed Delves wrote:
> Hi Maf,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I have the tax tables set and have double
> checked both the rate and the attributed account. For a vendor's bill, the
> tax table is set at scharged which in the tax table is Assets:Accounts
> Receivable:VAT paid out with the vate set at 20%, so for an example entry I
> have:
>
> Expense account - Expenses:External Consultancy
> Unit Price - 4800
> Tax Table - Scharged
> Subtotal - 4800
>
> Then at the bottom it gives:
>
> Total £5640.00  Subtotal $4800.00  Tax: £840
>
> If this is all correct then the VAT paid out should appear on the
> transaction report after the bill has been paid?
>
> Ed

Hi Ed,

Yeah, sounds about right.

Couple of quick questions:
1. You are using the business -> new [invoice | bill] workflow?  it does sound
like it.

2. Are you posting the new bill?

3. once you hae posted the bill, you should be able to see the transaction
(and hence splits) in whatever the AP/AR post account - does that look
correctly split?

4. Are you doing anything multi-currency? (even if by accident!)  I'm not
familiar with that bit of GC, but I am aware that all accounts and customers
etc must have a common currency for the AR to work correctly.

HTH,
Maf.