processing invoices and bills

Ed Delves eddelves at live.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 08:43:14 EDT 2012

Hi Maf,

Answers below:

> Couple of quick questions:
> 1. You are using the business -> new [invoice | bill] workflow?  it does
> sound
> like it.

Yes, correct.

> 2. Are you posting the new bill?

Yes.

> 3. once you hae posted the bill, you should be able to see the transaction
> (and hence splits) in whatever the AP/AR post account - does that look
> correctly split?

This also looks correct, with split transactions attributing to both
Assets:Accounts Receivable:VAT paid out and Expenses: External Consultancy.
Both have the correct figures.

However, when I do a transaction report for Assets:Accounts Receivable:VAT
paid out, the amount does not show for some reason. I am a bit baffled.

> 4. Are you doing anything multi-currency? (even if by accident!)  I'm not
> familiar with that bit of GC, but I am aware that all accounts and
> customers
> etc must have a common currency for the AR to work correctly.

I do have dollar accounts for some customers but not for any vendors. As far
as I am aware, the dollar accounts are separate (Accounts Receivable (USD))
and not liable for VAT anyway.

Ed