processing invoices and bills

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Mar 14 09:08:36 EDT 2012

On Wed 14 March 12 12:43:14 Ed Delves wrote:

> > 3. once you hae posted the bill, you should be able to see the
> > transaction (and hence splits) in whatever the AP/AR post account -
> > does that look correctly split?
>
> This also looks correct, with split transactions attributing to both
> Assets:Accounts Receivable:VAT paid out and Expenses: External Consultancy.
> Both have the correct figures.
>
> However, when I do a transaction report for Assets:Accounts Receivable:VAT
> paid out, the amount does not show for some reason. I am a bit baffled

Hi Ed,

Me too!

I take it that the Assets:Accounts Receivable:VAT paid out register looks
correct?

my only other suggestions are to double check your dates and filter accouns
etc. on the report options.

note that the VAT split should be at date of posting, not date of payment
(accrual accounting) on the A/P transactions (you said the opposite in an
earlier post, and I meant to point this out then)

Do any other reports show breakage?  What happens if you run the account
report from the A:AR:VAT paid account?

Cheers,
Maf.