Associating Saved Reports and Preferences with Data File.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 14 12:09:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

Bob Talor <philologos at mindspring.com> writes:

> I have converted both my (accounting) business and my personal
> accounts to Gnucash 2.4.8 on WinXP SP2 and commited to use GC for the
> indefinite future.
>
> The saved reports and preferences are apparently shared between the
> two.  The reports are saved in .gnucash\saved-reports-2.4.  I have
> experimented with swapping the file names, but this is rather awkward.
> Since I also plan to use GC for client data this problem will become
> more acute.
>
> Is there perhaps some more convenient way to attach the preferences
> and saved reports to a particular data file?

Alas, right now there is not a good separation of preferences into which
are per-user, per-datafile, or per-user-per-datafile.  There has been
significant discussion about restructuring them, but no progress as of
yet.

There has been no discussion on similar work for saved reports, but you
are right that it needs to happen.