Error parsing the file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Mar 15 17:26:04 EDT 2012

On Mar 15, 2012, at 1:13 PM, Deane Yamane wrote:

> How do you debug a .gnucash file when the only error  is the parsing error.
>
> Aloha, Mr. 'Dizzy' Deane Yamane
> Email: deane.yamane at gmail.com
> Email: deane at aloha.net
> My URL:  http://www.deaney.com/
>

> On Mar 15, 2012, at 10:03 AM, Deane Yamane wrote:
>
>> I THINK this is a different error. Mac Gnucash 2.4.10: I got this error after I had to shut down the iMac. Now all the backups have the error. I guess I never tested the backup. HELP

It would help a lot if you'd paste the actual error message into the email.

Since you're on a mac you should also open Applications/Utilities/Console.app and look at the console log for the time that Gnucash had the problem. There are often useful messages that get written there instead of to the trace file.

Regards,
John Ralls